Renold WM Series Gearboxes
The WM Series unit is available as a single or double reduction unit up to 4900:1 ratio, with a power capacity of up to 115kW.
The WM Series metric is available as a single reduction unit up to 70:1 ratio, with a power capacity of up to 98kW.
- High torque capacity – compact design
- Heavy duty version – for demanding applications
- Variable mounting – design flexibility
- Unique Holroyd tooth form – high efficiency and product life
- Motorised and speed reducer versions
- Adaptability – ideal for hostile environments
- Replacement for Flender Cavex
- Interchangeable – dimensionally interchangeable with the David Brown Radicon Series ‘A’ mid range
WM Series Product Features
- Unique Holroyd tooth profile for maximum torque capacity and optimum efficiency.
- Sprag clutch backstop option to prevent drive reversal.
- Double extension input shaft for use when two or more gear units are driven by one common prime mover.
- Heavy duty taper roller bearings fitted for maximum load capacity and long life.
- Two piece close grained cast iron gear case for strength and absorption of vibrations for quiet running.
- Phosphor bronze wormwheel rim electron beam welded directly onto the cast iron centre ensuring maximum strength under shock load conditions.
- Hollow and plug-in output shaft options for use as a direct coupled drive or shaft mounted directly onto the machine headshaft.
The WormMaster range of products has been designed and built to a modular form to allow the combination of other Renold products to extend the torque, ratio and speed range. Each unit is designed for use with IEC and NEMA electric motors, with B5 and B14 flanges.